Pre-departure Learning: SIHA 101
The learning experience as an International Travel Team (ITT) member begins seven months prior to departure. SIHA 101 is a weekly seminar aimed at preparing our ITT for their work in Tanzania. Topics include: global health, global citizenship, sustainability, community engagement, anti-oppression, evaluation, facilitation, Kiswahili language lessons, and more. Our Community Consultants and In-Country Representative have received equivalent training in Tanzania so that both teams have the same base knowledge when starting work together.
All volunteers accepted to go to Tanzania as part of the International Travel Team are expected to raise $3500 to help cover living expenses and project costs during the placement. SIHA Fundraising Coordinators work with volunteers to develop a personal fundraising plan that will include the planning and execution of various fundraising activities. Additionally, there is a SIHA Grant Coordinator who will help volunteers identify and apply for applicable grants. These supports are in place to ensure that financial constraints are not a barrier to qualified volunteers being able to participate in this placement.
- Complete the International Team Member application form.
- Application deadline: September 16th, 2016.
- If you are selected from your application to participate in a group interview, these will take place Oct 1st & 2nd.
- If you are selected from the group interview to move onto personal interviews, these will take place October 3rd-7th.
- Successful applicants will be notified by early October.
Welcome to SIHA Orientation Presentation: Oct 14th.Training Begins: After Oct 14th.
Click here for the 2016-17 Application.
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by at 0-11G SUB!